We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Continental unions

Now that we have settled the names of the continents, I think we can now discuss the formation of continental unions and their levels of integration. Certainly, this is something that I've wanted to do for years but was never really able to accomplish. I already have ideas for names such as the Pan-Cordilian Union and the Rainbow Island States as well as multinational currencies such as the cordilo(?), but I want to run this idea with everyone else. I'm wondering whether we should retcon their existence into canon or let them naturally come into creation in 2020.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Rebeltopia, rosaferri

If we get more RPers in the Rainbow Islands I would be hella down for it!

But I think it might make most sense for Cordilla to do so, have a union like that. Since most active people are on Cordilla
[-] The following 2 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Jay Coop, Rebeltopia

A Cordillian Union would be nice, but Ryccia would not give away its currency independence.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 2 users Like Ryccia's post:
  • Jay Coop, Rebeltopia

It would be a nice EU-like thing, but Great Novania would be very divided in the matter.
[Image: sketch-1579751831781-1.png]
I am a new roleplayer representing the Empire of Great Novania. I am new, so I might make some mistakes, sorry if these happen....
[-] The following 2 users Like Enzoci's post:
  • Jay Coop, Rebeltopia

I was looking into a regional bloc for the Bailtem/Bareland Mediterranean Sea area.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillguy9's post:
  • Jay Coop

As said on discord.... possibly.... it has benefits for a small, inconsequential nation such as Beepee... I'd like to see/hear more.

As a country of Cordilia, I think this is a very interesting idea, although I would suggest a two-way currency system - one that allows countries to be in a continental union while still having their own currency.

Though, in the case of RP, it would be interesting to see the situations that would arise from union members attempting to adjust to the new currency.
Smile

the eggrarian dollar isn't really worth much internationally so stability in a common currency would be nice for eggraria
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

I've been wanting to put together a multi-speed union for years. This may be our chance, but it would take a lot of work and cooperation in drafting a constitutional document. I hope this is something you all would like to help accomplish.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • rosaferri

(01-19-2020, 09:53 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: I've been wanting to put together a multi-speed union for years. This may be our chance, but it would take a lot of work and cooperation in drafting a constitutional document. I hope this is something you all would like to help accomplish.

Perhaps it doesn't have to be a full document. It could be enough to have a few groundlaying bullet points.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 2 users Like Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land, Jay Coop