We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Gustave Berr for MoRA

Hello everyone. I will be posting a more informative post about what ideas I have to bring to TSP, but until I have time to organize those thoughts, I would just like to open the floor to any questions individuals might have initially.

I will say that, if I were elected, I would want to take a close look at the political and personal climate of TSP, and come up with relevant events/debates/games in the hopes of making the region a place where everyone's opinion can be heard and respected. Thank you for your consideration.
United States of Kalukmangala

Former High Court Justice

If elected, would you resign as Deputy MoFA, or continue to do both?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

(06-11-2014, 01:26 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: If elected, would you resign as Deputy MoFA, or continue to do both?

If I were elected, I would finish my current duties as Deputy MoFA, and humbly resign from that post for two reasons: 1) I would want to put my full focus into the MoRA position, and 2) I would want to give an opportunity to someone else who would want to get involved in the government in an official fashion.

And will you be running for reelection in a month?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I haven't exactly thought that far ahead, but I don't think the month would really be enough time for me to get things done, but it would give me an opportunity to get transitioned into the position, and see if it is something I'd like to continue doing. My guess is, yes, I would run for reelection.

(06-11-2014, 01:26 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: If elected, would you resign as Deputy MoFA, or continue to do both?

Since Deputies are members of the Cabinet and no one can hold two Cabinet or Court positions at any given time, he would have to resign if elected.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(06-11-2014, 03:16 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

Since Deputies are members of the Cabinet and no one can hold two Cabinet or Court positions at any given time, he would have to resign if elected.

So I couldn't keep it, even if I wanted to. Smile

The great thing about our Cabinet model is that you can still do foreign affairs stuff if you want. Wink

What types of events do you have in mind? How do you think we can bring more of the RMB community over to the forums?

I'll answer your second question, first. I think there are a couple of ways to try and bring more people over from the RMB. One way, and probably the most obvious way, is to start sending out weekly or bimonthly telegrams to TSP members who stay over on the NS side. Those who post regularly on the RMB, those who never have but are active with their nations... everyone. These telegrams could include information on how to get registered and started on the forums, information or quotes from the "debates" of the assembly, or the topics, to show them that they are active, highlight residents, highlight RPs that are active. I just think there needs to be a little more buzz generated about the fact that we have offsite forums and that they are active.

As far as events go: A weekly debate between two selected officials/citizens about current worldwide topics. I have a lot of Mock Trail experience, so I have been brewing up some potential cases, both Civil and Criminal, that could be used for RP... theoretically could be presided over by members of our Court, (on a rotation of some kind) with different "firms" of lawyers representing/prosecuting different "defendants". For Criminal trials, a jury would be selected. These cases would also give things for SPINN to report on, and could be used as news on RMB to generate interest, as well as used in other regions who follow TSP news.

These are just a few ideas of events that I have been thinking about over the past couple of days.

If I were elected, I believe that I would be doing the Cabinet and the region a service by bringing in a fresh attitude, one that is not tarnished by slander and mud slinging. I would also be bringing a new viewpoint, and different ways to look at the issues that are presented to us, or issues that already exist in the region. I want to combat infighting (I don't know how much the MoRA does this, or can do, but I want to try anyway) and I want to get more people onto the offsite forums. I will continue to do research and take suggestions on events that have been successful in the past, as well as new events to potentially generate some RMB interest to make the plunge into the offsite forums. I will continue fielding questions until the voting period beings.

Again, thank you all for your consideration.