We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2017 Advent Calendar - Day 24

2017 Advent Calendar - Day 24

The final day of Advent is upon us.  Tomorrow is Christmas - indeed, for much of the world, Christmas Day has already dawned.  So, for this last Advent Calendar entry, all we want to do is wish you a very Happy Christmas and leave this space for you to share your own Christmas messages.

As a Christian, Christmas holds a special significance for me.  I've been to church twice today, contemplating the Christmas story in different ways and finding time to seek the one who, for me at least, lies at the centre of this holiday and, when I remember to let Him, the centre of my life.

It's important for me to cut through the business of the season, dig past the presents (fun, though they are) and silence the (beautiful) noise for just a little while, at the very least, to remember these things: I believe Jesus Christ was God born as a fragile infant, to live our life and, ultimately, die our death, that we might have all the barriers between ourselves and God - barriers we erected - torn down once and for all.  As I remember this important story, I remember too my own unworthy state and the strength that God has given me to draw close to Him despite all my weakness and rebellion.  And I celebrate - celebrate God born as man and, looking forward, celebrate God's victory over death and sin at Easter, because the two are always connected.  The baby born in the manager was also the man on the cross, is the saviour, risen from the tomb.

I know that some of you believe this and that many of you do not.  That's okay.  This isn't a sermon, but a chance to share the importance of this time in my life and, with it, my love for this community.  Whether you believe or not, celebrate or not, go into tomorrow with all my love and best wishes for your life both on NS and in real life.

Thank you for sharing this crazy, crazy game with me. Smile
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8