We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Christmas Advent Calendar 2016 - Day 17

[Image: oSkO9mN0mx5TDd7HnVEKAfL896TculDL8V7fyCaI...CI3f2LhkZj]

So, this is a little bit late (thanks to RL stuff), but, actually, that's rather in keeping with what's behind door number 17 for it is...

The Grand TSP Christmas Party RP

It is Saturday evening, just over a week before Christmas and the leaders of every nation in the South Pacific have been invited to a Grand Christmas party on Government Island.  There are candles everywhere and Christmas decorations adorn every picture frame, bannister and crenellation in the building, waiting staff hurry through the throng carrying trays of mince pies, mulled wine and decadent canapés.  Everyone who is everyone is here and everyone has an agenda, whether it's meeting heads of state for discussions about their countries' relations, or being seen to be the most powerful person in the room or many others besides.

This is an RP for anyone to get involved in, whether or not you normally RP in TSP's Treasure Island.  You don't even need a place on the map.  Just turn up as your leader and write how they interact through the party.  We won't just write it for today (yesterday) either, but keep it going as long as people want.

The only rules are, have fun (that means silliness and fantasy/sci-fi stuff are allowed) and don't write other people's characters.

Let the party commence!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

"WOO! PARTY! YEAH!" Gordon Freeman said while in his orange power armor.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

As Gianluca arrived at the party, he seemed to be a bit afraid.
He's only 17 years old and partying should be normal for him, but due to his position as leader of a state and his introversion, he never really liked parties, so he could not say "Woo! Party! Yeah!" like Gordon did.

Instead he put his little bags full of presents from GI-Land for the leaders around TSP under the Christmas tree in the middle of the hall and directly goes to the buffet, where he saw some delicious sandwiches with lox.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

*freeman hugs Gianluca*

"Oh come on, Gianluca it's christmas! Here, Silver Zephyr! I need you over here!"

A white unicorn comes to Gordon Freeman and Gianluca after putting the Gifts from The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp under the tree.

"Whats up?"

"Give Gianluca your finest fake antlers and red nose!"

"Yes!" She says while levitating fake antlers and red nose in front of Gianluca, about to put them on Gianluca.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Prime Minister David Gurnin and King Liam along with their respected guards walked into the large hall. The foreign minister was due anytime, but they arrived first. Seeing no nations of interest to them they went and sat at their table.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

The ETERNAL SLAVEMASTER marches into the hall, "Do you have any human fle- uh, I mean hummus, for me to eat?"
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.

Ura'sia of Erinor, Yena Yamera-Hyudo stepped into the hall and paused to admire the twinkling constellations of candles, the beautifully coloured decorations and, most of all, the great TSP Christmas Tree in the centre. It was all quite stunning and perfect for that festive feeling.

A waiter stopped at her side and proffered a tray of mince pies.

"Thank you," she said, taking one, just as her deputy head of government, Asa'sio Jruniro Lama-Cyerwaro came up from behind her.

"I've never seen so many heads of state in one room," he observed, "think of the possibilities!"

"Yes, well, we don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Let's mingle and enjoy things for a while first before we start talking business."

"Of course." He grabbed a mince pie himself and then smoothly claimed a glass of mulled wine right afterwards.

Yena gave him a disappointed look.

"Oh, sorry," he said, "did you want one?"

Gianluca was on the one hand fascinated, that he saw this unicorn, on the other, he felt ridiculous, wearing an antler and a red nose. He didn't want to put it off, because he didn't intend to disappoint Gordon somehow and "destroy the Christmas feeling".

He saw the other Leaders getting into the hall and thought about playing funny and greeting them in his hilarious costume.
On the way to the entry, he saw King Liam, who seemed to avoid looking at him, and the Ura'Sia, he got to know better at the Light-Festival in Erinor a few days ago.
More than a "Hello" and a few chuckles weren't possible for now, because most Leaders had some conversations to finish first, before getting into contact with the other head of states.

Within two minutes (the hall was quite big, wasn't it?) he arrived at the entry, where some "penguins" (waiters) stood, to give out some mulled wine for the arriving guests.
Whenever a new guest is arriving, he will say "Ho Ho Ho, welcome! I'm Gianluca with the red rose! Enjoy the party!" or something like that.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"This is one of the weirdest parties I have ever been in," expressed President Yaleksandr Kerenskiy. Alongside him, his usual entourage; Foreign Minister Josef Kyrzinski and Defense Minister Benson van Heyden. Due to the close relationship between the three men, and their enormous influence on how the country was run, they are popularly known as "The Troika": Besides the President's obvious powers, Kyrzinski was an influential member of the Social-Democratic Party, Karnetvor's biggest party, while Van Heyden led the military, an almost completely autonomous institution led by former Civil War opponents of Kerenskiy.

"Look at the bright side," said Van Heyden. "At least you're here drinking, instead of planning your reelection". He was right in that; the next presidential elections were next year.
"Indeed, taking a rest from politics is always good," replied Kyrzinski before drinking a glass of sparkling wine. "Also, weirdest party? You haven't been in a lot of parties".
"Neither do you," replied Kerenskiy with a good chuckle.

On the other side of the hall, stood Zelda Harkinyan. She was, at least in theory, Secretary General of the South Pacific Treaty Organization (SPTO); however, her term had finished many months ago, and the member states had seemingly forgotten to elect a replacement. There wasn't much to do in the Headquarters, so she lived in a small apartment in Balent (where the HQ is located). To further pass the time, she decided to attend the party in her "official" capacity. Not a lot of people noticed that fact; her relative youth (she was 35), her short stature, and good looks (blonde hair, blue eyes), meant that people noticed her, but for the wrong reasons.

She drank some eggnog to adapt to the Christmasy climate, and attempted to find at least somebody who spoke her language.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Yena spotted Gianluca standing near the door with his 'festive accessories' and stifled a giggle.

"I'm just going over there to talk to Gianluca," she said to Jruniro, whose eye appeared to have been caught by a lady drinking eggnog at the far side of the room. "I think he might benefit from the company."

"Yes, yes, that sounds like..." he trailed off and Yena shook her head before making her way towards the door to great the Leader and King of GI-Land and Atlantis.

Jruniro, meanwhile, began to drift across the room towards the woman he had seen. As he drew nearer he realised he recognised her, though they had never spoken in person. Luckily, Jruniro's Karnetvoran was passable and so he was able to greet her in her own language, albeit with a strong Erinoran accent.

"Ms. Harkinyan, I presume," he said, holding out his glass of mulled wine and raising an eyebrow, "may we drink a toast to improving Erinoran-Karnetvoran relations?"