We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Jan 2022 Speaker Elections

Dear ambassadors,

We once again come to that time where we must choose a new speaker. Following what can only be described as a turbulent time where we have faced many tests, and perhaps we have not yet passed those tests. As a fledgling organisation, under this speakership we have gained many members, 12 in fact, and before the end of this term, I hope we can welcome three more, we have also gained 6 new observer states to join us on our path to a more stable, peaceful and caring rules based world. However, this term has left me with both immense pride, and the bitterest of disappointment, the flagship programs of my speakership have not born fruit, we have not passed legislation to protect the marine environment as I had hoped, and we have not made much progress towards universal education and equal rights. We have however, stood against tyranny and genocide against the Government of N&GB, and we have made efforts to restrain the United States of Izaakia in their heavy handed approach. I hope my successor, and this organisation as a whole can continue to stand up for what is right, and evolve into a force of reckoning for those who wish to trample over human rights. On this point, I hope my successor can solve some of the crises that we are currently facing, whether it is the crisis in Valora where ethnic tensions and Ryccian involvement have caused countless lives to be lost, or in Reizen where a democratic mandate against subjugation by the Frost Empire has been thrown aside. To my successor and this assembly, I wish the best of luck. Now, if we may get to the business at hand.

1) Today, a new round of elections for the speakership starts. According to Res. 1, there will be a nomination period first, which is open for the next seven days (until 24 Jan 2022 , 21:00 h GMT), in which any member can nominate any nation except for themselves for the position of Speaker of the Assembly. Until a new Speaker is elected, I will continue serving as the acting Speaker. 

2) According to Resolution 1a each member and observer of the WF may decide, in which committees they want to participate. More information on what committees are existing you can find here. As a host country you are automatically placed in the committee you're hosting. In future speakership elections nations may not only decide, in which committees to join, but also which they would like to leave. A nation can be in as many committees as they prefer.
The "committee-application" process will take place during nomination week. Later the officers of each committee will get elected too.
Nations, who do not apply for committees in that week can't take part in the upcoming officer-elections and are barred from applying for committees until after the entire speakership elections are over.

3) According to Resolution 1b each member nation may appoint a justice to the IC, which needs approval by the Assembly. This approval can only be given during the speakership elections and needs to get refreshed every year (you can see the exact wording here). During the week of nominations you may also nominate your justice and give background information on them, so the Assembly is able to vote on them.
Nations, who do not appoint a justice now, will have to wait until the next speaker-elections to do so!

During this election, following judges have to receive approval again or a replacement candidate needs to be nominated by the nation:
Snolland, Izaakia, Huawan and Ikoania 

4) Currently there are two WF-organisations, you can participate in: the IACO and the PNA.
If you have not expressed yet during a prior speakership election, whether you want to participate in either organisation or if you have changed your opinion over time, please tell the Assembly, whether your nation will participate in IACO, the PNA, both or neither.

Please refer to the corresponding numbers to facilitate the election process when presenting your nominations and applications.

1) Nations nominated for the speakership position.
2) Committees in which your nation shall participate.
3) Justices to be elected to the IC.
4) Is your nation participating in the IACO and/or PNA.

I wish every nominee best of luck in the upcoming election.

Noor Aqaba 
Speaker of the World Assembly Forum 
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 3 users Like Izaakia's post:
  • GI-Land, Qwert, Techganet

1) GI-Land nominates the Frost Empire for the position of Speaker.

2-4) No changes

1) Snolland nominates Transsuneria for the speakership.

2) No changes

3) We want Vato Cerrorr to continue serving as our judge at the IC. We hope, he can gain the continued support of all other WF members.

4) No changes.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The frost empire accepts the nomination
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

1) We nominate Esfalsa for the position of Speaker.

2) We are interested in joining the Committees for Economy, Health, and Science and Education.

3) We would like to bring forth Ryzan Krano as IC judge.

4) We will continue to participate in the IACO, but remain in our opposition against joining the PNA.
Smile

1) Huawan seconds the nomination of Esfalsa for the speakership.

2) We retain our seats in all the committees

3) We wish to replace our IC judge, to Justice Hon. Joon Sae-Park

4) No changes.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

1) The United States of Izaakia nominates the Peocracy of Huawan 
2) No change
3) Re-submits Katya Komodo
4) No change
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion

1) Esfalsa nominates GI-Land, Sedunn, and Stoinia. Also accepts its nomination.
2) We would like to join the Committee for Economy and the Committee for International Law.
3) We enter Sara Gajos for consideration as an International Court judge.
4) no changes.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

While we feel honored to be nominated again, we kindly decline the nomination from Esfalsa at the moment. We think a more neutral, unaligned country or another founding member of this organisation, that has not had yet the honour of having the speakership, should guide this organisation in the next term.

Helene Meise
Ambassador of the Federal Republic GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

1) Pattevere seconds the nomination for Esfalsa, one of our most trusted and valued trade partners 

2) Pattevere would be interested in the Committees for Economy, Climate and Environment, Health, and Science and Education.

3) Leena Patari will represent Pattevere as our IC Judge.

4) We'd like to join the IACO and PNA.

Huawan accepts nomination
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains