We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

FAQs ideas

Hi everyone! I'm trying to compile a few ideas for a FAQ thread. Please post here any questions you had when you were new, or things that you think might be helpful to someone new to our region, or new to NationStates in general. Thanks in advance for all of your input!
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

What are some ways to get involved in the government?

What is the Charter, and where can I read it?

A question that often appears on the RMB (including earlier today) is "What is there to do in NS?" or words to that effect. A guide for what can be done on the site (issues, rmb, wa, ns forums etc) may be useful. Also a summary of how TSP fits into the rest of the site, as a feeder region etc.

A summary of these forums would also be great, explaining what is available and where to find it. I know I struggled when I first joined the region finding where I should be posting various things.

A summary of the government/CSS/charter etc, how these work and how to get involved in government (a recent hot issue on the rmb) should all be included.

They'd be the main ones off the top of my head.

^ I second all of those.

I've just recently joined NS and TSP, and I am really trying to fully grasp what all this community has to offer me, what I can get involved in and how to go about it.

It also took me a while to find the Charter, a clearer direction with all of the basic material concerning TSP would be really helpful for myself and future citizens.